This vegetarian bean and basil soup is easy to make, full of flavour and nutrition, and perfect for a light lunch or a comforting main course. The combination of great northern beans, onion, garlic, carrot, basil and pepper makes this soup irresistible. Enjoy it hot or cold, and make it your own by adding your own favorite herbs and spices.
- 2 tsp - Olive oil
- 1 - Onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves - Garlic, minced
- 1 large - Carrot, chopped
- 15.5 oz - Great Northern beans, canned, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups - Nonfat chicken broth
- 0.33 cups - Finely chopped basil
- 0.5 tsp - Ground white pepper
- Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan, then add the onion. Saute until softened.
- Add the garlic, carrot and beans, then stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender and can easily be mashed, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor and puree. Return to the saucepan, stir in the basil and pepper, and heat to serving temp.
This delicious bean and basil soup is a perfect way to get your daily dose of vegetables. The combination of flavors is sure to please, and it’s so easy to make! Serve with your favorite bread, crackers or croutons, and enjoy a comforting and healthy meal!