This vegetarian version of won-ton soup is an easy and light meal that is packed with flavor. The wontons are made with a combination of vegetables and can be made vegan if you choose to use vegetarian refried beans. The vegetable stock and seasonings give this dish a delicious umami flavor. Serve this soup hot, with a side of rice for a complete meal.
- 3 uncooked of Vegetarian Wontons
- 1.5 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1 dash of Pepper
- 1 dash of Salt
- 0.5 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 2 drops of Sesame Oil
- 1 diced (optional) of Green Onion
- 1 diced (optional) of Mushroom
- 1 optional of Lowfat Alpine Lace Cheese
- 1 optional of Vegetarian Lowfat or Fat Free Refried Beans
- Bring the vegetable stock to a simmer.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the wontons and boil for 1 minute. Drain.
- Combine the vegetable stock, wontons, pepper, salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, onions and mushrooms in a large pot.
- For extra flavor, add the lowfat Alpine Lace Cheese and vegetarian lowfat or fat free refried beans. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
This Vegetarian-Style Wonton Soup is a delicious and light meal that is perfect for any time of the day. Great for a quick lunch or dinner, this soup is packed with flavor and can be made vegan with the vegetarian refried beans. With the vegetable stock and seasonings, this soup will be sure to please the whole family. Enjoy!