This BBQ Beans by Purple Smoke recipe is a classic, simple and tasty dish that is perfect for barbecues and outdoor get-togethers. The smoky and sweet flavors of the bacon and the onion make this dish irresistible. It requires minimal ingredients and is easy to prepare. This comforting side dish will be a hit at any gathering.
- 6 slices - Bacon
- 1 medium - Onion
- 0.5 cup - Catsup
- 3 tablespoons - Dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Dry mustard
- 48 ounces - Pork and beans
- Slowly fry the bacon in a heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels, reserving the drippings.
- Add the onion to the skillet with the drippings and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Transfer the onions to a large Dutch oven.
- Add the catsup, dark brown sugar, cider vinegar, salt, and dry mustard to the Dutch oven. Mix until combined.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the onion mixture. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the pork and beans. Cook on/in a BBQ or in a 350 °F oven until the mixture bubbles.
This BBQ Beans by Purple Smoke dish is a great side for any meal. The smoky and sweet flavors from the bacon and onions will have your guests coming back for more. Plus, it is easy to prepare and requires minimal ingredients. Try this BBQ beans recipe today and enjoy the great taste and comforting feeling it brings.