Asparagus is a vegetable that’s a harbinger of spring and a favorite ingredient for cooking. It’s packed with nutrition and can be used for a variety of recipes, from salads to stir-fries. Here are some of the best recipes for fresh asparagus, plus tips for when to buy for the best flavor and nutrition.
- 1.5 pounds - Fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons - Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Snap the ends off the asparagus spears and discard them. Wash the asparagus and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the asparagus onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the asparagus is tender, turning once during baking.
- Transfer the cooked asparagus to a serving bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Asparagus is a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways and makes an excellent side dish or salad. With its high nutrient content, it’s a great addition to your diet. Whether you steam it, bake it, or stir-fry it, you can make an amazing dish sure to please the whole family. So don’t miss out on fresh asparagus this season!