Are you looking for something sweet that’s not too unhealthy? These Orange and Lemon Crisps are the perfect treat! They are light and fluffy and are made with only low-fat ingredients. The citrus flavour adds a delicious zing that is sure to please the whole family. These cookies are great as a snack or to finish off a meal. They take just minutes to make and will be a hit with everyone!
For 36 people
- 2 eggs - Separated
- 0.5 teaspoon - Baking powder
- 1 pinch - Salt
- 0.25 cup - Sugar
- 2 teaspoons - Orange peel or lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon - Orange peel or lemon peel
- 0.33 cup - Flour
- Line two cookie sheets with brown paper or baking paper (computer paper works but wax paper sticks to cookie sheets). Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add baking powder and salt, continue beating until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Beat together egg yolks and vanilla with a fork. Fold into beaten egg whites just until combined.
- Sift flour over egg mixture and fold in until batter is smooth and very light.
- Drop 2 teaspoons at a time onto the paper. Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from paper.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet, turn off the oven heat, and then return the cookies to the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp.
- Store in a covered container.
These Orange and Lemon Crisps are sure to be a hit with everyone! They are a delightful, light and fluffy treat that are low in fat. Enjoy them as a snack or to finish off a meal in less than 30 minutes. Add in some ground almonds and almond extract for a unique twist on this classic cookie! You can store them in a covered container for up to a week or freeze them for later!