If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious treat, these Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect option! Made with a combination of olive oil, maple syrup and orange peel, these chocolaty treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, they’re free of butter and eggs, making them a great guilt-free snack or dessert. Serve them up for your next party and watch as your guests rave about their taste and texture.
For 36 people
- 0.5 cup - Olive oil – extra light
- 0.5 cup - Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 1 - Egg
- 0.125 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Grated orange peel
- 0.5 cup - Whole wheat pastry flour
- 0.5 cup - Unbleached flour
- 2 cups - Rolled oats
- 0.5 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 0.5 cup - Chopped walnuts – or pecans
- 0.5 cup - Semisweet chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together olive oil, syrup, vanilla and egg.
- In a large bowl, mix salt, orange peel, both flours, oats and baking soda.
- Gradually mix the contents of the first bowl in with the second one.
- Add the nuts and chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto baking sheets coated with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
These Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies make a great snack or dessert that you can feel good about indulging in. With no butter or eggs, they are both a delicious and guilt-free treat. Serve them up for your next party and watch as your guests rave about their flavor and texture. Enjoy!