Try this unique and flavorful chicken dish for a delicious dinner! It’s full of flavorful spices, veggies and healthy proteins. The combination of cumin-crusted chicken and the tomato relish creates an unforgettable combination of flavors that is sure to be a hit at any dinner table. Plus, this dish is relatively easy to make at home and requires minimal time.
- 0.25 cup - Chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons - Cucumber - peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons - Green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Purple onions - chopped
- 1 small - Jalapeno pepper - seeded/chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon - Pepper
- 4 - Boneless skinless chicken breast halves - 4 oz each
- 1 tablespoon - Red wine vinegar
- 4 - Cherry tomatoes - optional
- 0 - Fresh basil - optional
- Combine the chopped tomato, cucumber, green bell pepper, purple onions, and jalapeno pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the ground cumin and pepper together in a separate bowl and rub the chicken breast halves on all sides with the cumin mixture.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving the pan drippings, and set the chicken aside.
- Add the red wine vinegar to the pan drippings and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the vinegar and pan drippings over the reserved vegetable mixture and toss well.
- Thickly slice each chicken breast half diagonally across the grain and arrange on individual serving plates.
- Serve the chicken with the reserved tomato relish and garnish each serving with cherry tomatoes and basil if desired.
This cumin-crusted chicken with tomato relish is a flavorful and healthy dish that is sure to be a hit at any dinner table. The combination of spices and vegetables create an unforgettable combination of flavors. Plus, this dish is easy to make and requires minimal time, making it perfect for busy weeknight dinners.