This delicious pasta salad #4, created by Gary Bettenhausen, is a great and easy recipe to make. Perfect for a special occasion or just a simple family dinner, you can easily prepare this salad in no time. The mix of curly shells and penne pasta combined with sweet onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, broccoli and cauliflower florets, and nonfat ranch or Italian dressing gives it a unique flavor. Refrigerate overnight and you have a delicious pasta salad for everyone to enjoy!
- 1 pound - Pasta
- 1 large - Sweet onion
- 1 - Green pepper
- 1 pint - Cherry tomatoes
- 1 small - Red bell pepper
- 1 can - Sliced black olives
- 1 bunch - Broccoli florets
- 1/2 head - Cauliflower florets
- Nonfat ranch or Italian dressing
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta for 12 minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, broccoli and cauliflower florets.
- Pour the desired nonfat dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the salad until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Refrigerate overnight.
This delicious pasta salad is easy to make and perfect for any special occasion! With the mix of pasta, veggies and nonfat dressing, this salad offers a unique flavor every time. Refrigerate overnight and you have a delicious, healthy salad that is sure to impress your guests!