A delicious and healthy salad for all occasions. This Spiced Orange Chicken Salad is packed with flavor and amazing textures. The combination of chicken, potatoes, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, carrots and cilantro make this salad a perfect balance of savory and sweet. In less than 30 minutes you can have a flavorful meal that everyone will enjoy.
For 1 people
- 4 small - Red potatoes
- 2 cup - Orange juice
- 0.5 cup - Water
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh ginger (grated)
- 0.5 tablespoon - Ground cumin
- 4 cloves - Garlic (minced)
- 2 - Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 - Carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 3 tablespoons - Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons - Balsamic vinegar (or raspberry vin)
- 0.25 tablespoon - Salt
- Boil potatoes until just tender, then rinse in cool water.
- In a large fry pan, bring orange juice, water, ginger, cumin and garlic to a boil. Lower heat and add chicken. Cook on both sides until done. Remove and let cool.
- Strain liquid, return to fry pan, add carrots and cook until tender. Remove carrots and add vinegar, salt and cilantro.
- Cut chicken into ½ inch strips. Cut potatoes in half then slice 3/8 inch thick. Reheat carrots, chicken and potatoes briefly before serving, if desired.
- Arrange a bed of lettuce on plates, then add potatoes, chicken and carrots. Dribble remaining juice over top. Garnish with slices of orange.
This Spiced Orange Chicken Salad is a delightful mix of flavors and textures. Perfect for a light meal or to serve as a side dish. With it’s fresh ingredients, it’s a great way to incorporate healthy eating into your daily routine. Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious meal in no time!