Yoghurt cheese is an excellent alternative to high-fat ingredients such as whole cheeses, sour cream and mayonnaise. It’s easy to make at home and can be used to create a variety of delicious spreads and sandwiches. Here’s a simple recipe to help you get started!
For 1 people
- 1 cup - Plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 teaspoon - Dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon - Crumbled dried basil
- Combine the yoghurt, salt, dill weed and basil in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the yoghurt mixture to a cheesecloth or fine strainer.
- Place the cheesecloth or strainer over a bowl and let the yoghurt drain for about 3 hours.
- Discard the liquid and transfer the yoghurt cheese to a plate.
- Serve with your favorite toasted bread and fresh fruit or sprinkle with a bit of granulated maple sugar for an extra special treat!
Making yoghurt cheese is a great way to enjoy a tasty, guilt-free snack. This versatile ingredient can be used in many recipes, from appetizers to desserts. Try different combinations of herbs and spices for a unique flavor. Enjoy!