These egg and tuna salad sandwiches are the perfect lunchtime treat. They are easy to make, full of nutritious ingredients, and delicious to eat. This sandwich is made with hard boiled eggs, light chunk tuna, red onion, light mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, freshly ground pepper, whole-wheat bread, red leaf lettuce, tomato slices, and alfalfa sprouts. It is then served with your choice of sides or accompaniments. With each component of this sandwich, you will get a balance of protein, fiber, and essential nutrients that will fuel your body until dinner.
For 5 people
- 4 large - Hard-boiled eggs
- 6 ounces - Canned chunk light tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons - Minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons - Light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons - Dijon mustard
- 0.5 teaspoon - Freshly ground pepper
- 10 slices - Whole-wheat bread
- 5 large - Red leaf lettuce leaves
- 5 slices - Tomato
- 2.75 cups - Alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Spread 1/2 cup of the egg mixture over each of 5 bread slices. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts, and 1 bread slice.
- Serve with your favorite sides or accompaniments. Enjoy!
These egg and tuna salad sandwiches are an excellent way to give yourself a nutritious and delicious lunchtime meal. It is made with ingredients that are easy to find in any grocery store, and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. With the combination of protein, fiber and other essential nutrients, this sandwich can keep you energized and full until dinner. Give this recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed!