These low-fat blueberry muffins make for a delicious and nutritious breakfast or snack for people of all ages. With the sweet tartness of blueberries and the crunchy topping, it’s no wonder why this recipe is a classic. Baked in under 20 minutes, this quick and convenient recipe is perfect for busy mornings. Enjoy with a steaming cup of coffee or tea!
For 12 people
- Cups - All-purpose flour
- Teaspoon - Baking powder
- Teaspoon - Baking soda
- Cup - Sugar
- Large - Egg
- Cup - Fresh orange juice
- Tablespoons - Butter
- Teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- Ounces - Vanilla low-fat yogurt
- Cup - Blueberries
- Tablespoons - Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 muffin tray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, orange juice, butter, vanilla extract, and yogurt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredient mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle top of batter with sugar.
- Bake until golden (20 minutes).
These low-fat blueberry muffins make for a light and airy treat that packs a punch with its flavoring. Enjoy a warm muffin with a splash of cream or a cold one with a cup of tea. They make for the perfect snack to take with you on the go or to indulge in while cozied up with a good book. Perfect for all occasions!