This unique and flavorful Ginger and Peach Chicken is a delicious Indian dish that’s perfect for a special occasion or to spice up your weeknight dinner. It’s made with boneless chicken breast halves, cornstarch, salt, hot cooked rice, peach slices in water or lite syrup, ginger root, water chestnuts, and pea pods. The flavors blend together perfectly and each serving contains 321 calories and 30 grams of protein. Give this recipe a try and you’ll be sure to impress your family and friends!
For 4 people
- 4 - Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon - Cornstarch
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 cups - Hot cooked rice
- 1 can - Peach slices in water or lite syrup, 8 oz
- 0.5 teaspoon - Ginger root, grated
- 0.5 cup - Water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 6 ounces - Pea pods, frozen, cooked
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and preheat over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink; turn to brown evenly. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches, reserving juice. Add water to juice to equal ½ cup. Stir in cornstarch, ginger root, and salt. Add to skillet and cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Gently stir in peaches and water chestnuts and heat through. On a serving platter or 4 individual plates, arrange the rice, pea pods, and chicken. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
Ginger and Peach Chicken is an easy and delicious Indian main dish that’s sure to impress your family and friends. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables, a salad, and crusty bread. Enjoy! For a more nutritious meal, you can use brown rice instead of white rice. Enjoy your meal!