Grandma Mac’s Picadilly Relish is a vegan-friendly pickle made from zucchini, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, celery, tomato, salt, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, turmeric, white vinegar and water. Its flavor is sweet and tangy and it’s the perfect condiment for burgers and sandwiches. Plus, it’s easy to make and can last for up to 6 weeks when stored properly. Here’s how to make it!
- 10 cups - Zucchini, pared, seeded, diced
- 1 cup - Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup - Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup - Onion, chopped
- 1 cup - Celery, chopped
- 1 cup - Tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon - Salt, canning
- 1.5 cups - Sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons - Mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon - Celery seed
- 0.5 teaspoon - Turmeric
- 2.5 cups - White vinegar (or cider for sweeter relish)
- 2 cups - Water
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pack the relish in sterilized pint jars, leaving a 0.5 inch head space and tightening the lids.
- Process the jars in a boiling hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- Allow the jars to cool before storing.
- Let the relish stand for 6 weeks before using to allow the flavor to develop.
Grandma Mac’s Picadilly Relish is a delicious condiment that can be enjoyed on all kinds of burgers, sandwiches and toast. It’s the perfect addition to your pickles and condiments collection. Plus, it’s easy to make and can last for up to 6 weeks when stored properly. Why not try it today and make your meals a little bit more special?