This delicious salad is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. It features green beans and tomatoes, which are tossed together in a roasty roasted tomato dressing. It’s perfect as a light lunch, or to accompany a heartier meal. Its tangy flavours will enhance any meal.
For 4 people
- 1 large of ripe tomato - halved (about 8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 teaspoon of salt
- 0.125 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of trimmed green or wax beans (about 0.5 pound)
- 4 cups of torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 0.25 cup of sliced red onion - separated into rings
- Preheat broiler. Place tomato halves on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Cool 10 minutes; peel and core.
- Combine roasted tomato, basil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper in a blender; process until smooth.
- Steam beans, covered, 7 minutes or until crisp-tender; rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates. Arrange beans, cherry tomatoes, and onion over lettuce. Spoon 3 tablespoons tomato dressing over each salad.