This sweet and succulent Grilled Angel Food Cake with Nectarines and Blueberries is the perfect summer dessert. Made with fresh nectarines, lemons, and blueberries, it is bursting with flavor and makes for a light, yet tasty treat. Serve it hot off the grill or chilled, either way it’s sure to be a hit. It’s easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, so it’s the perfect treat for the whole family to enjoy.
For 1 people
- 6 - Ripe nectarines
- 0.5 cup - Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons - Powdered sugar
- 1 - Grated lemon zest
- 6 slices - Angel food cake
- 1 pint - Fresh blueberries
- Prepare your grill and cover to build an intense heat.
- Remove the nectarine pits and slice each one into 6 slices.
- Combine the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Place 6 nectarine slices on a skewer and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, turn and baste with the glaze. Cook and baste for an additional 7 minutes.
- When the fruit is just about done, toast the cake slices on a cooler part of the grill, turning once.
- Serve the toasted cake with grilled nectarines and handfuls of blueberries.
This sweet and tasty Grilled Angel Food Cake with Nectarines and Blueberries is the perfect summer dessert. It’s easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and is full of flavor. Serve it hot off the grill or chilled, either way, it’s sure to be a hit! Enjoy with a glass of cold lemonade or your favorite summer beverage.