This homemade barbecue sauce is sure to be the star of your next barbecue! Combining Italian plum tomatoes, garlic, onion, chili flakes, corn oil, water, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, molasses, mustard powder and Tabasco sauce, this sauce is full of flavors that will make your grilled, smoked, or barbecued meats sing. Plus, it’s vegan- and vegetarian-friendly! Try this delicious recipe for your next cookout and make your guests happy.
For 1 people
- 1 Pound - Italian plum tomatoes (cored and seeded)
- 2 Cloves - Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons - Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon - Chili flakes
- 0.5 Teaspoon - Corn oil
- 2 Tablespoons - Water
- 2 Tablespoons - Tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon - Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons - Red wine vinegar
- 2.5 Tablespoons - Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon - Mustard powder
- 0.25 Teaspoon - Salt
- 0.5 Teaspoon - Tabasco sauce
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes and set aside.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, sauté the garlic, onion, and chili flakes in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and the remaining ingredients to the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve the sauce warm or cold. Enjoy!
This homemade barbecue sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that is perfect for grilling, smoking and barbecuing! With its vegan and vegetarian-friendly ingredients, it’s a great way to make all of your guests happy. The perfect combination of Italian plum tomatoes, garlic, onion, chili flakes, corn oil, water, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, molasses, mustard powder and Tabasco sauce will make your foods sing with flavor. Try this delicious homemade barbecue sauce today!