Craving an easy and healthy weeknight dinner? Look no further than this delicious and creamy dairy-free vegetarian lasagna! This recipe includes nutritious ingredients such as white beans, tofu, collard greens, garlic, and soy cheese, making it a great alternative to regular lasagna. It’s easy to prepare and perfect for a family dinner.
For 8 people
- 9 lasagna noodles - (9 to 12)
- 2 cups - Cooked white or navy beans OR 19 oz canned white or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces - Firm tofu, crumbled
- 4 cups - Packed finely chopped collard greens, lightly steamed
- 2 cans - Prepared pasta sauce, 19 oz each
- 3 cloves - Garlic, minced
- 3.5 cups - Shredded soy cheese
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but firm; drain. Rinse under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash cooked beans. Add tofu; mix well. Stir in collards, pasta sauce, and garlic.
- Pour tomato mixture to coat bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Layer with noodles, then sauce, then soy cheese. Repeat layering until ingredients are used up. The top layer should be soy cheese. Bake uncovered in preheated 350F oven for 45 minutes.
This delicious dairy-free vegetarian lasagna is a great way to enjoy a weeknight dinner. With nutritious ingredients such as white beans, tofu, collard greens, garlic, and soy cheese, this is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Enjoy it with a salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal!