There’s nothing like a warm, light and delicious crepe for breakfast! This low-fat crepe batter recipe is the perfect way to start your day, and it can be easily customized with a variety of fillings for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Plus, with only five ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a delectable crepe in no time.
For 1 people
- 5 large - Egg whites
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.5 cup - Whole wheat flour
- 0.5 cup - All-purpose flour
- 1 drop - Ice water
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl for a minute or two until they become frothy. Add water and salt, and blend until everything is combined.
- Gradually whisk in the flours until the batter is smooth. The crepes should be thin, so if the batter has become too thick, you can add a few drops of water to thin it out.
- Spray a non-stick eight-inch pan with vegetable oil spray, and heat it over moderate heat. Pour two tablespoons of batter into the pan and tilt it quickly to cover the bottom evenly.
- Cook the crepe for 20-30 seconds until the top is set and the underside is lightly browned. Flip the crepe and cook for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Enjoy your delicious and light crepes!
This low-fat crepe batter recipe is an incredibly easy way to make a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. Whether you prefer sweet or savory fillings, these crepes are sure to please. Plus, with just five ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a delightful crepe in no time!