Loubia, the North African counterpart to American chili, is second to harira in popularity. It is ideal for a slow cooker and can be served with a saucer of ground cumin or a piquant mixture of finely minced garlic, parsley and chiles for garnishing. This Mahimahi with Tequila Tomato Salsa recipe is the perfect combination of fresh ingredients and tasty flavors that will make this dish a hit in your dinner table !
For 6 people
- 1 Cup - Chopped tomato
- 1/2 Cup - Chopped tomatillo
- 1/2 Cup - Tequila
- 1/3 Cup - Chopped green onions
- 1/4 Cup - White wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon - Olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon - Pepper
- 1 - Garlic clove -- minced
- 6 - (6-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Combine tomato, tomatillo, tequila, green onions, white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic clove in a small bowl; stir tomato salsa well.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with tomato salsa.
This Mahimahi with Tequila Tomato Salsa is a delightful and delicious recipe that has all the freshness and flavor that you can expect from a dish like this. We recommend to serve it with 1 fillet and 1/3 cup salsa per person. Enjoy!