If you’re looking for an exotic and delicious meal, this Pineapple Coconut Rice is perfect! Combining sweet and savory flavors, this Caribbean-inspired dish is sure to please. The combination of pineapple, coconut and herbs is a classic combination that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Enjoy this easy to make recipe for yourself or with family and friends!
For 4 people
- 2 teaspoons - Olive oil
- 1 cup - Diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon - Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon - Ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup - Long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups - Pineapple chunks in juice -- drained
- 1 cup - Water
- 1/2 cup - Chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup - Pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons - Coconut flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, thyme and pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the pineapple chunks and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
This Pineapple Coconut Rice is simple to make and is a great addition to any meal. With its unique flavors, this rice dish is sure to please. Enjoy the savory and sweet combination of pineapple, coconut and herbs in this delicious Caribbean-inspired dish. Experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique flavor!