This delicious red leaf salad is a great addition to any meal. It has a wonderful combination of flavors and textures that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of tomatoes, lettuce, and nuts with the tartness of the goat cheese and the creamy lemon-basil vinaigrette make this salad an absolute hit. Not only will this salad look stunning on your plate, it will also make you feel light and refreshed afterwards!
For 8 people
- Cover dried tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Finely snip tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes, lettuce, and pine nuts or almonds in separate self-sealing plastic bags.
- In a small screw-top jar combine lemon juice, honey, basil, and oil.
- Shake the vinaigrette or dressing well.
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, and pine nuts or almonds.
- Pour over lettuce mixture the vinaigrette or dressing.
- Add cheese.
- Gently toss to mix.
This red leaf salad is a great way to introduce different flavors and textures into your meal. The combination of tart goat cheese and the sweet and tangy lemon-basil vinaigrette add depth and complexity to the salad. Serve it with a protein-packed dish and you have a meal that is sure to please! With its vibrant colors, it’s sure to give any plate a pop of color and make your meal look amazing. Enjoy!