This Spicy Carrot Pasta is simple to make and absolutely delicious. Durum Semolina flour, freshly grated nutmeg, pureed carrots and a hint of vegetable oil are all you need to make this mouth-watering dish. If you’re not in the mood to cook and puree carrots, simply use a jar of baby food carrots. Watch the dough and adjust as needed the flour and water.
For 6 people
- 1.25 cups - Semolina Flour
- 0.125 teaspoon - Nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons - Carrots, pureed
- 0 tablespoon - Vegetable Oil (optional)
- 0 cups - Water (if and as needed)
- Mix together the semolina flour, nutmeg, and pureed carrots.
- If desired, add vegetable oil to the mixture.
- Slowly add water to the mixture, stirring continually. Only add as much water as needed to form a dough.
- Knead the dough by hand until it is smooth and pliable.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes and sizes.
- Boil the cut pasta in a large pot of salted water for about 3-4 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the cooked pasta and serve with your favorite sauce.
This Spicy Carrot Pasta is a great vegan meal. The texture and flavor of the cooked carrots combined with the nutmeg make this dish truly unique. Feel free to experiment with different spices, like coriander or cardamom, to add more flavor to the pasta. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious pasta dish with friends and family!