This tasty tuna melt with bacon and swiss cheese is an easy to make lunch or brunch that is sure to satisfy. Fresh tuna, crispy bacon and melted swiss cheese, all combined with a flavorful thousand island dressing, create an amazing sandwich that you won’t be able to resist. With only a few simple ingredients and quick steps, you can have a delicious and filling meal that won’t take long to whip up.
For 4 people
- 8 slices - White bread
- 3 tablespoons - Nonfat thousand island salad dressing
- 8 slices - Nonfat Swiss cheese – singles
- 8 slices - Low-fat bacon – cooked and drained
- 1 serving - Naked Tuna Salad – see recipe
- 3 tablespoons - Non-fat margarine – Fleischman’s
- Arrange the slices of bread on a work surface in pairs.
- Spread a tablespoon of thousand island dressing on each piece of bread.
- Top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese, folding the cheese in half to fit if needed.
- Place two slices of bacon on four slices of the bread.
- Spread one serving of tuna salad on the other four slices.
- Gently invert the slices with bacon on top of the slices with tuna.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly spread the non-fat margarine over both sides of each sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches in the preheated skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly toasted. Flip and cook for three minutes longer, or until the cheese has melted.
Once you have finished cooking the tuna melts, serve them hot or cold. These sandwiches are great for a quick lunch or for a larger gathering. You can also mix and match ingredients to make them your own unique creation. Enjoy your delicious tuna melt with bacon and swiss cheese today!