These Apple Cranberry Streusel Muffins are a great way to get a delicious treat without the guilt. The combination of apples, cranberries, and sweet spices create a unique flavor that’s sure to be a hit in your home. Get ready to enjoy a comforting and tasty treat with these muffins!
- 3 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups - Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Baking powder
- 1/2 cup - 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons - Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons - Vanilla extract
- 1 cup - Unsweetened applesauce,chunky style
- 1 - Egg
- 2 - Egg whites
- 2 cups - Chopped apples
- 1 cup - Cranberries
- 1/2 cup - All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup - Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon - Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon - Ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons - Margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray or use non-stick pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract and applesauce. With an electric mixer, beat on low speed until combined (30 seconds). Increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Add eggs and beat 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the chopped apples and cranberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin pans until 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, blend together the streusel topping ingredients: all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Drizzle with the melted margarine and blend with a pastry blender or fork.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of streusel topping over each muffin. Bake for 15-20 minutes until muffins test done.
These Apple Cranberry Streusel Muffins make the perfect snack or breakfast on the go. Not only are they delicious, but they are low in fat, calories, and cholesterol, making them a great choice for a healthier lifestyle. You’ll love the sweet and festive flavors of apples, cranberries, and spices, all in an easy to make muffin! Enjoy!