Remember Apple Brown Betty? My Grandmother baked it during apple harvest – a crunchy cinnamonny apple and oatmeal treat. A traditional favourite for many, this recipe combines Grandma’s recipe and a favorite buttermilk soda bread to create a delicious banana muffin that is sure to be a hit! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy and can be enjoyed by everyone. From breakfast to snacktime, these muffins are the perfect addition to your day.
- 50 g - Butter
- 0.75 cups - Brown sugar
- 1 - Egg
- 1.5 cups - Mashed bananas
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 0.75 cups - Flour
- 0.75 cups - Wholemeal flour
- 0.5 cups - Bran
- 2 tsp - Baking powder
- 2 tsp - Cinnamon
- 0.5 cups - Walnuts
- 0.5 cups - Sultanas
- 0 - Milk
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in one bowl.
- In another (large) bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir JUST UNTIL MIXED. Do not overmix, as this will make the muffins tough.
- Depending on the how sloppy the bananas were, you may need to add 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk if the mixture is too stiff.
- Bake in greased muffin pans (12 big or 24 smaller or 6 enormous) at 200 C/400 F.
- 12 big muffins will take about 20 minutes. The muffins are done when the middle springs back when pressed.
These delicious banana muffins are the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy, making them the perfect addition to any meal or snack. Whether you’re enjoying them for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack, these muffins are sure to make your friends and family smile. So grab your ingredients and start baking!