If you’re looking for an easy and tasty snack, these Cranberry Muffins are the perfect choice. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re also incredibly nutritious. With the combination of whole wheat flour, oats, cranberries, and sugar, you get a healthy and delicious treat. Plus, they’re extremely easy to make and just take 18 minutes in the oven. Serve these muffins on their own, or with a cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 cup - Quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup - Skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups - Whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon - Baking powder
- 1/4 cup - Sugar
- 1 cup - Cranberry sauce -- whole
- 2 whole - Egg whites
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup - Walnuts (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the oats and milk and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cranberry sauce, egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Fold the oat mixture, cranberry sauce mixture and walnuts (if using) into the flour mixture until all the dry ingredients are wet.
- Coat a one dozen muffin pan with nonstick spray and fill each cup with the muffin mix.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before serving.
These Cranberry Muffins are an easy and delicious snack that is both nutritious and tasty. With just 18 minutes in the oven, you can have a healthy and filling treat that the whole family can enjoy. Plus, you can customize the muffins by adding walnuts or any other ingredients you desire. Enjoy!