These Cinnamon Twists are a delicious sweet treat that you can make from home. They’re fluffy and buttery, with a hint of cinnamon. The best part is they’re so easy to make. With just a few ingredients and some basic preparation, you can have a sweet treat that’s sure to impress. Make sure to let them cool before you enjoy them!
For 6 people
- 1 package - Active dry yeast
- 0.25 cup - Warm water
- 3 cups - Flour
- 0.5 cup - 2% reduced fat warm milk
- 0.25 cup - Sugar
- 0.25 cup - Butter, melted and divided in half
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 - Egg, slightly beaten
- 0.5 cup - Golden raisins
- 0.33 cup - Sugar
- 2 teaspoons - Cinnamon
- 0.5 cup - Powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons - 2% reduced fat milk
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a large bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, salt, and egg to the bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining 3/4 cup flour and the raisins to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding enough remaining flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the board (about 8 minutes).
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat the top.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough.
- Roll into a 12 inch square on a lightly floured surface.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Combine the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough.
- Cut the dough in half crosswise and then into 12 strips lengthwise (making 24 pieces in total).
- Place 2 strips together and twist. Pinch ends to seal and place on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Gently press ends to baking sheet and repeat until all dough is used and 12 twists are made.
- Let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and stir well. Add milk by 1/2 teaspoon until the icing can be drizzled.
- Drizzle over the twists and enjoy!
These Cinnamon Twists are so delicious and easy to make. They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet snack. They’re sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. With simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can have a sweet treat that’s sure to impress. Make sure to cool them completely before you enjoy them and don’t forget to drizzle the icing on top for an extra special touch!