Pizza nights can be a great way to get together with family and friends. But if you’re looking to spice up the usual pizza night, try these dough variations! With cheese, cornmeal, garlic, herb, and crushed red pepper doughs, your pizza night with be extra delicious.
- 3/4 cup shredded - Fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup - Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsps - Crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsps minced - Garlic
- 1 tsp - Basil
- 1 tsp - Oregano
- Begin by preparing the traditional pizza dough.
- When kneading the dough, add in the extra ingredients for the desired variations. For cheese dough, add in shredded mozzarella. For cornmeal dough, replace 1 cup of flour with cornmeal. For crushed red pepper dough, add the crushed red pepper to the flour and salt mixture. For garlic dough, add minced garlic to the flour and salt mixture. For herb dough, add basil and oregano to the flour and salt mixture.
- Let the dough thaw at room temperature for about 1 and a half hours before you begin rolling it out and shaping your pizzas.
These dough variations are a great way to take your pizza night to the next level. With a variety of different flavors and textures, your pizzas will be extra delicious and unique. Try these dough variations and see how they become your family’s new favorite way to enjoy pizza night!