This Dutch Apple Bread is a great treat and can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee in the morning, as a light snack or even as a dessert. It’s full of delicious and nutritious ingredients like butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, buttermilk, apple and walnuts. The topping is made with flour, sugar, packed brown sugar and ground cinnamon and adds a sweet and crunchy texture to the bread. It’s quick and easy to make and can be produced with a bread machine or by hand. Enjoy this delightful Dutch Apple Bread any time of the year!
For 1 people
- 1/2 cup - Butter or margarine
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla
- 2 cups - Flour
- 1 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/3 cup - Buttermilk
- 1 cup - Apple - chopped, peeled
- 1/3 cup - Walnuts - chopped
- 1/3 cup - Flour - for topping
- 2 tablespoons - Sugar - for topping
- 2 tablespoons - Packed brown sugar - for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cinnamon - for topping
- 3 tablespoons - Butter or margarine - for topping
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the apple and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- For the topping, combine the flour, sugar, packed brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbly and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 55 - 60 minutes or until the bread tests done.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Dutch Apple Bread is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of year! It’s quick and easy to make and has a wonderful sweet and crunchy topping. Serve this bread with tea or coffee in the morning, as a snack or even as a dessert. Enjoy!