This Portuguese Orange Cake recipe is a classic, easy to make and elegant dessert that can be enjoyed at any dinner party. It’s simple ingredients will make it a crowd pleaser and the moist texture and subtle orange flavor will make it the star of the show. Serve with cinnamon or powdered sugar on top for an extra special touch.
- 2 cups - Sugar
- 6 large - Eggs
- 2.25 cups - Flour
- 2 teaspoons - Baking powder
- 0.5 cups - Milk
- 0.25 cups - Grated orange rind
- 0 - Cinnamon
- 0 - Powdered sugar
- Melt butter in microwave for 50 seconds on high. Beat sugar and eggs until smooth about 1 1/2 minutes. Blend in melted butter.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, then add alternately with milk to the egg mixture. Stir in grated orange rind.
- Bake in greased bundt pan at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and sprinkle with cinnamon or confectioners sugar.
This Portuguese Orange Cake is a delicious and easy to make. It’s great for any occasion and its moist texture and subtle orange flavor will make it a hit with everyone. Serve with cinnamon or powdered sugar for an extra special touch and enjoy!