Are you looking for a special seasonal bread for the holidays? Look no further, this pumpkin cranberry bread is perfect for any occasion. It is moist and flavourful, and is sure to become your favorite holiday treat. This recipe combines the savory flavors of pumpkin and the sweetness of cranberries, making it a truly delicious bread.
For 8 people
- 1 cup - Canned solid-packed pumpkin
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 0.25 cup - Water
- 2 large - Eggs
- 0.25 cup - Vegetable oil
- 2 cups - All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - Baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.25 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon - Ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon - Ground ginger
- 0.125 teaspoon - Ground cloves
- 1 cup - Fresh or frozen cranberries (picked over)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a loaf pan, 8 ½ by 4 ½ by 2 ¾ inches (21.5 by 11.5 by 7 cm).
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, water, eggs, and oil. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices. Stir just until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the cranberries and spoon the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the bread out onto the rack and let cool completely. The bread can be made 4 days in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
This pumpkin cranberry bread is a perfect treat to share with family and friends during the holidays. With its delicious combination of savory pumpkin and sweet cranberries, it will be sure to be a hit. Enjoy it on its own, or pair it with a cup of hot coffee or tea for the perfect holiday indulgence!