Garlic mashed potatoes are a savory, creamy side dish that goes perfectly with a variety of main dishes. They are made with Yukon Gold potatoes, garlic, salt, nonfat chicken broth, and reduced fat sour cream, and seasoned with pepper and nutmeg. This simple yet flavorful dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
For 1 people
- 2 pounds - Potatoes
- 6 cloves - Garlic
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 cup - Nonfat chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons - Reduced fat sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add 1 tsp salt and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan. Shake the pan over low heat to dry the potatoes slightly.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a hand-held electric mixer (do not use a food processor).
- Add enough hot chicken broth to make a smooth puree.
- Stir in sour cream and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- The potatoes can be prepared up to 1 hour ahead and kept warm over a larger pan of barely simmering water.
Garlic mashed potatoes are a delicious side dish that pairs well with any main course. It’s easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Serve it up and enjoy the savory, creamy flavors. Your family and friends will surely be asking for seconds!