This amazing Blumenkohlauflauf (Cauliflower Casserole) is a delicious and healthy dish that will please the entire family. Combining cauliflower with yogurt and spices, this casserole is packed with nutritious ingredients and an amazing flavor. Plus, it’s super easy to put together and can be served as a main dish or side dish. Enjoy the incredible flavors of this classic recipe!
- 1 - Cauliflower in small pieces
- 1.25 cups - Yogurt
- 2 small - Onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh parsley
- Garlic salt
- Salt & Pepper
- Sweet paprika powder
- 6 - Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 - Good grainy whole wheat bread, toasted
- 0.5 pound - Cheese, grated
- Butter to grease the casserole
- Cook the cauliflower in salt water until 'al dente' or barely tender.
- Mix the yogurt with the diced onions, herbs, spices, salt & pepper.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower and add it to the yogurt mixture; mix well but carefully so as not to break up the cauliflower pieces too much.
- Butter a large casserole dish. Assemble the casserole in layers; toast, cauliflower mixture, tomatoes then cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Top layer should be the cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 425F.
This great Blumenkohlauflauf (Cauliflower Casserole) is a fantastic way to get all the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs. With its amazing texture and flavor, this is the perfect meal to serve during any time of day. Enjoy it with your favorite bread or as a side dish to any meal. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious recipe!