If you’d like to enjoy a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish, try this Spinach Ricotta Pie! This delicious pie is prepared using fresh spinach, onion, Nonfat Ricotta Cheese, and a few other ingredients and spices. It makes a great lunch or dinner and is full of protein and flavor. Plus, it’s a snap to make, so you can enjoy it in no time!
For 8 people
- 10 ounces of frozen spinach - chopped
- 1/2 cup of onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters(r) 99% egg substitute - liquid
- 1 1/2 cups of nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt - optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of paprika
- Combine the chopped spinach and onion in a microwave-safe casserole dish and cover the dish.
- Microwave on high heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring the mixture after 3 minutes.
- When finished, drain the liquid from the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg substitute until lightly frothy.
- Stir in the ricotta cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and flour.
- Mix in the drained spinach and onion.
- Spread the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the paprika on top of the pie.
- Microwave the pie on high for 4 minutes, rotating the dish every 2 minutes.
- Reduce the power to 50% and microwave for an additional 3-11 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Let the pie rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This Spinach Ricotta Pie is a delicious, healthy vegetarian dish that is full of flavor and easy to prepare. It’s a great choice for lunch or dinner and is sure to please any palate. Plus, you can enjoy this protein-packed dish with a fraction of the calories and fat as traditional pies. Enjoy!