Cheesecake is a classic dessert that is usually packed with fat and calories. This recipe offers a delicious, low-fat version that is sure to please. By using fat free sour cream and Neufchatel cheese, you can create a decadent dessert that won’t add too many calories and fat to your daily diet. With a graham cracker crust and a vanilla-sour cream topping, this cheesecake is sure to win over your taste buds. Serve it at your next gathering and your guests won’t even guess it’s low fat!
For 12 people
- 10 pieces - Low fat graham crackers
- 0.25 cup - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Butter
- 1 cup - 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons - Vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 8 ounces - Neufchatel cheese
- 8 ounces - Fat-free cream cheese
- 3 large - Eggs
- 1 large - Egg white
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 3 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 1 carton - Low-fat sour cream
- 1 carton - Fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the crust, combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, then cool the crust on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine cottage cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla, salt, and cream cheeses in a food processor. Pulse for 1 minute or until smooth. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, pulsing after each addition. Add 1 cup sugar; process just until blended.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust and bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes, then increase oven temperature to 450F.
- To prepare topping, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and the remaining ingredients. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Bake cheesecake at 450F for 5 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
This lower-fat sour cream cheesecake is a delicious treat that won’t add too many calories and fat to your daily diet. Serve it at any gathering and your guests will enjoy it just as much as the original version! With its creamy texture and sweet taste, it’s sure to be a hit!