These oven roasted mushrooms and new potatoes make a delicious side dish full of flavour. The combination of mushrooms, onions, red peppers, and potatoes, lightly seasoned with thyme and garlic, creates a flavour combination that will be a hit with your family. Serve with a side of your favourite vegetables and it’s a meal to remember!
For 1 people
- 1.5 pounds - New potatoes
- 2 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 1 pound - Mixed fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup - Red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon - Minced garlic
- 0.5 cup - Sliced green onions or scallions
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon - Crushed thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon - Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large 9x13x2 baking pan, toss potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, red pepper, and garlic and bake uncovered until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in green onions, salt, thyme and pepper and bake until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
This dish is so full of flavour and also relatively low in calories. Perfect for a light dinner or a side dish for a larger meal. Serve with your favourite vegetables for a delicious and satisfying meal that your family will love!