This recipe for ‘Orange-spice Sweet Potatoes’ is a great vegan dish that will be a sure hit at any dinner. Whether you choose to bake it in the oven or microwave, the sweet potatoes are perfectly cooked and the spices give it a delicious flavor. It’s easy to make and ready in only 35 minutes!
For 6 people
- 2 large - Sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 0.25 teaspoon - Ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon - Brown sugar
- 0.125 teaspoon - Ground cloves
- 2 teaspoon - Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Diet margarine (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon - Orange rind (grated)
- 0.33 cup - Orange juice
- 0.5 teaspoon - Ground cinnamon
- Boil or microwave the sweet potatoes until just tender. Let cool.
- Carefully slip the skins off the potatoes, then cut into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange them in a circular pattern in a 10-inch pie plate, overlapping the slices.
- Mix the brown sugar, nutmeg, cloves, sugar, orange rind, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes and top with the pieces of margarine.
- Pour the orange juice over the potatoes.
- Microwave at high for 4 – 5 minutes, or bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This vegan orange-spice sweet potatoes dish is a great addition to any dinner. It’s simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. Enjoy it with your favorite meal and don’t forget to lick the plate – it’s so good!