This sweet and sour dish will make for a delicious vegan meal for the whole family. With fresh vegetables, sweet and sour sauce, and served with either rice or noodles, it’s the perfect way to enjoy a variety of flavors.
For 6 people
- 1/8 cup - Tomato puree
- 1/4 cup - Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup - Honey
- 1/4 cup - Cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoons - Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup - Pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup - Rice vinegar
- 2 cups - Sliced carrots
- 1 cup - Chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh ginger root
- 2 cups - Bok choy
- 2 cups - Chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups - Chopped pineapple
- 1 can - Sliced waterchestnuts
- 3 cups - Chopped tomatoes
- Bring the sauce ingredients to a boil and simmer until the mixture is thickened.
- Meanwhile, steam the carrots, onion, and ginger until they are crisp-tender.
- Switch off the heat and add the bok choy, stirring until it is wilted.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and then add the remaining fruits and vegetables.
- Continue cooking until the sauce has thickened and serve the dish with either rice or noodles of your choosing.
This sweet and sour vegetable dish is an easy and delicious meal for the whole family. With a variety of flavors, textures, and colors, it’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Serve with rice or noodles to make a complete meal. Enjoy!