If you’re looking for a healthy, delicious, and easy to make homemade bread, this wheat and oat bread is the perfect recipe for you. It is rich in fiber and low in fat. This bread is perfect for any occasion, and only requires a few simple ingredients and minimal time to prepare. Plus, with only 2 WW Points, this is a guilt-free treat! Follow this simple recipe and you’ll have a delicious homemade bread in no time.
- 1 3/4 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cups - Rolled Oats
- 1 pkg - Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cups - Warm Water
- 2 tbsp - Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp - Cooking Oil
- 2/3 cups - Whole Wheat Flour
- Nonstick Spray Coating
- Skim Milk
- Rolled Oats
- In a medium mixing bowl combine 1-1/4 cups of the all-purpose flour, the 1/3 cup oats, the yeast, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the water, honey or syrup, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in whole wheat flour and as much of the remaining all-purpose flour as you can. On a lightly floured surface knead in enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape into a ball.
- Spray a bowl with nonstick coating. Place dough in bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (50 to 60 minutes). Punch down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Spray an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with nonstick coating. Shape dough into loaf; place in pan. Cover; let rise until nearly double (30 to 45 minutes). Brush with milk; sprinkle lightly with additional oats.
- Bake in a 375F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
Making homemade bread doesn’t have to be intimidating or time consuming. This wheat and oat bread is a delicious and healthy option, full of fiber and low in fat. Plus, with only 2 WW Points, this is a guilt-free treat that you can eat any time. Follow this simple recipe and you’ll have a delicious homemade bread in no time!