Pebre is a traditional Chilean condiment, typically served alongside dishes such as barbequed beef and roast pork. It is made from a mixture of fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, hot sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic. It is a delicious accompaniment to anything you are grilling or baking. The flavors of this salsa blend perfectly, and the heat from the hot sauce adds just the right amount of kick. It is easy to make and a great way to bring flavor to any dish.
For 1 people
- 1/3 cup - Minced onions - or scallions
- 1/2 cup - Fresh cilantro - finely chopped
- 4 medium - Tomatoes - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons - Hot sauce - (such as Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons - Vegetable oil - optional
- 1 tablespoon - Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh lemon juice
- 1 - Garlic clove - minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- If you’re using onions instead of scallions, sprinkle them with salt and let them sit for a few minutes. Then press them gently in a sieve and rinse them with running water to reduce the pungent flavor.
- Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate.
Pebre is a flavorful and easy to make condiment that is sure to add a delicious and unique flavor to your meals. Whether you’re serving it with barbeque, roast pork, or any other dish, pebre is guaranteed to make it taste even better. Give this simple salsa a try and see for yourself – you won’t regret it!