This homemade tomato soup is a classic favorite. It’s easy to make and full of flavor. It starts with a base of home-canned tomatoes and adds a variety of green herbs and seasonings to create a soup that can be enjoyed all year. Serve it with croutons, hearty bread, or a bit of shredded cheese for a delicious meal.
For 1 people
- 1 - Home-canned tomatoes
- A bit of - 2% low-fat milk
- Salt and pepper
- A bit of - Minced garlic
- Some - Green herbs (basil, oregano, chives, chopped spinach, onion tops, etc)
- Use a blender or one of the new hand blenders to puree the tomatoes, milk, seasonings, and herbs.
- Add a bit of flour if desired to make the soup thicker.
- Heat to boiling, then simmer for 15-30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.